Spiritual Village Latest Posts

Search Spiritual Village & The World Wide Web

Custom Search

Monday, April 14, 2008

Shower Of Blessings - My Experience With Vibbhuti

A few days ago, I had a sudden urge to visit my blog partner, Andrew Khor at his holistic centre located about 20 minutes from where I'm staying. I needed to check whether he has been furiously writing articles for Spiritual Village. I'm dying to read articles from this man who could see things that I couldn't see, hear things that I couldn't hear and feel things that I couldn't feel.

Well, the good news is he IS writing! Phew, to my delight!

Now, after a few hours of casual discussion, Andrew said he needed to experiment vibbuthi blessings on me. 'Vibbu-thi what?', I asked myself. But since he mentioned the word 'blessings', I welcomed his offer only if he blogs about the experiment in Spiritual Village. Without hesitation, he agreed.

This is Andrew Khor's writing on his experiment - on ME!. My reaction and comments on his experiment is highlighted in blue.

Shower of Blessings


Acting spontaneously, I decided to conduct a little experiment on Yap. Yap, an IT expert, was beginning his spiritual journey and had come to see me a few months ago for an aura reading.

And now Yap was in the office discussing the Spiritual Village concept with me, so I had the opportunity to use him as a guinea pig.

A few weeks ago, during a meditation, I had a visitor in the inner plains. He had very curly hair and he was wearing saffron colored robes. And he conversed with me, mind to mind. He said “my son, you can now heal with vibbhuti.”

This visitor also said that the vibhuti would not be seen by the naked eye and would be invisible. But some people may be able to smell or feel it, if they are sensitive enough.

This is quite a rare gift and without blinking an eye, I said, “ehhhh okay, I look forward to it.” For the uninitiated, vibbhuti is a word from the Indian continent. It is a Tamil word that describes holy ash.

For centuries healers and saints in the Indian continent have made use of holy ash to heal. What they do is to have a fire ceremony where they burn all kinds of herbs and wood. They then recite special prayers for healing.

When the fire dies, what is left behind is a pile of holy ash or vibbhuti.

The most recent phenomena of healing through vibbhuti is that of the Indian saint Sai Baba. In some of his centers, vibbhuti appears spontaneously on the walls. The devotees then scrape the vibbhuti and give it to people who come to seek help.

Caroline Myss, one of the people teaching about the potential of the human consciousness, wrote in one of her books about a miraculous encounter with vibbhuti.

She wrote …. "I was having a lot of trouble keeping my balance. No wonder what I did, the condition kept getting worse, so as a last resort before I went to sleep, I said a prayer to Sai Baba, “I need some vibbhuti and I need it now. I’m in bad trouble.”

The next morning I received a package from an acquaintance in Copenhagen whom I had met five years before and hadn’t heard from since; inside was a small tube filled with ashes, with a label that read, “To Caroline Myss from Satya Sai Baba.”

Since the mail from Denmark to Scotland usually takes at least several days, the answer to my prayer must have been on the way to me before I uttered the words. I didn’t know what to do with the ashes, so I took some out and being an ex-Catholic, rubbed them on my forehead.

Within hours of receiving the vibbhuti, my balance returned and I never had that problem again. I’ve since carried that tube of vibbhuti with me wherever I go."

[Excerpt from WHY PEOPLE DON’T HEAL AND HOW THEY CAN by Caroline Myss. Pg. 180-181]

So you can sense my excitement, when I was told that somehow I had received this gift.

I tried out this gift on close friends with varying results and eventually Yap walked in. Yap is a newbie in the healing world. He hadn’t been exposed to the world of energy healing. He would make a good subject.

Fortunately for us, we had Hanny Ahmad in the center at that time. Hanny is a Malay Muslim lady in her mid 30s. Short, slightly rounded and wearing glasses, but always smiling, she had gradually been improving her clairvoyant ability at the center.

So I explained to Yap what we were going to do. And he agreed. We would have an independent clairvoyant – Hanny using her 3rd eye to see what was happening. And we would also have the benefit of Yap’s own experience.

I noted the day and time – it was the 11th of April 2008 and the time was 4.30pm.

Yap made himself comfortable on the sofa and we began. My method as guided by my intuition is to seek invoke the blessings of the saints and offer myself as a servant. I then invoked the blessings of the vibbhuti and used my right hand fingers to drop invisible vibbhuti over Yap’s head.

Hanny, using her 3rd eye began to comment.

Hanny:
“Andrew I see blue and white emerging from your hand and dropping on Yap’s head. Standing next to you Andrew is a man in a saffron colored robe. And he appears to have a lady standing next to him holding some flowers and herbs.

As you use your hand to drop the vibbhuti, the man in the robe is putting the flowers over Yap’s head.

I can see roses, jasmine… I also see some green herbs but I don’t know what they are… but I can smell the roses.

Now I see triangle, small triangles, they’re spinning and are on either side of his eyes and between his eyebrows. I get a strong feeling that this is to improve his intuition.

I can see colours going to his heart ….white, yellow and green…they’re expanding his heart and then going down all the way to the feet.

And now I see a lot of water being sprinkled on Yap. He is being cleansed.

(Spontaneously Yap’s body reacts to the last statement. His body appears to jerk.)
I had my eyes closed throughout. I squinted for a little while because I felt a cool sprinkle on my face. At this time, I smelt something comforting and 'flower-ish'. Like I was suddenly transported to the middle of an open and windy orchard.


I can see emerald green in his heart … meaning that he now has more compassion and somehow his intuition has been enhanced.”

As soon as both of them were done, I felt a sudden calm. I was even hesitant to open my eyes because I didn't want to leave the feeling of the breezy orchard behind. While Andrew and Hanny were discussing over the little experiment, I slowly opened my eyes and pondered over what happened. Was I really blessed by an invisible saint channeling through the body of Andrew? How will I know if this blessing actually 'enhanced' me? To be honest, I didn't have the answer immediately. But I know I couldn't forget the feeling of sudden calmness during the shower of blessings. I also couldn't forget the smell of flowers showered on me. I honestly felt rejuvenated that evening and even called out to my daughters (much to their surprise) to plant Sun-flowers together (a promise that I kept delaying). Thanks Andrew for that refreshing and spiritual experience!

By the way Andrew, you did shake my hand and congratulated me on color gold glowing on my left hand (the receiving hand). You mentioned abundance is coming! Ahem, maybe you can comment further -you know, a little time-line to help me plan my finances.

About Andrew Khor
Andrew is an ex-advertising writer. After 17 years at an international advertising agency, he started his own healing and spiritual journey in KL, Malaysia. In 2007, with help from one of his clients, Andrew started a holistic center called Khoracle to help people. Andrew is now a Kundalini meditation practitioner. He facilitates Kundalini meditation groups twice a month at Khoracle.

Andrew Khor can be contacted at http://www.khoracle.com/

2 comments:

Hanny said...

so wonderfull experience that i across with u and andrew,healing modality now become more simple but powerfull and what u experience about "feeling" that a blessing for u.have a nice day

Lily said...

what an interesting read...keep these articles going! :)