Spiritual Village Latest Posts

Search Spiritual Village & The World Wide Web

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reiki For Animals: A Padma Menon Story

Reiki or energy healing is an alternative healing method of helping people heal by sending them universal energy. These methods are done by laying on our hands or by channeling the energy over any distance. These methods are based on principles that have been in use in the East and in other forms in the West, for thousands of years. Reiki is spiritually guided Universal Life Force Energy. The word Reiki is Japanese in origin and literally means: Rei = Universal (in the sense of spiritually guided or from the Divine); ki = Life force energy (the same as chi or prana). To "use" Reiki is to channel this energy through one's body to one's self or another for healing purposes. Seichim is "living light energy", also spiritually guided universal life force energy.

Every single life form including animals and plants can benefit from Energy healing. Even animals suffer stress for a variety of reasons including living in unnatural environments, absorbing the emotions of the homes they live in, taking on negative energies and diseases as a buffer to protect their guardians, and misunderstanding situations that they find themselves in. Animals are pure souls, without judgment – and therefore are fully able and willing to accept unconditionally the pure Reiki Healing or even distance Energy Healing.

I was honored to be introduced to one remarkable lady recently who excels in Reiki Healing for Animals. Her name is Padma Menon. She was extremely courteous, always smiling and she is full of warmth. This article is written by Andrew Khor as a special dedication to this beautiful and compassionate lady.

PADMA MENON: Healing Snooky the Cat


Padma Menon (L) healing Snooky the Cat

61 year-old Padma Menon is a retired school teacher from Port Dickson, Malaysia. Instead of twiddling her thumbs after retirement, Padma decided to make herself useful. One fine day with a group of like-minded ladies participated in a course on hands healing known as Reiki.

Padma began to practice at first on friends and then on strangers who were recommended by friends who felt better after a Reiki session with Padma.

Unknown to her but known to most hands healers, her healing abilities began to blossom. Eventually she began to be guided to conduct angel card readings for people who lacked clarity in their relationships or careers.

Guided by her growing intuition, Padma began to help people out of their emotional dilemmas. As her intuition developed further, Padma could sense or feel the emotions not just of human beings but also that of animals.

This is Padma’s account of healing for Snooky, a cat belonging to Adeline and Francis, visitors to Khoracle, the holistic healing center where Padma does Angel Card Readings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Padma:

It was my angel card reading day and I was waiting for my next client named Spooky. God, I thought, what a name for a person. I waited for some time and no one seemed to come.

So I walked out of the healing room to find out what was going on and a smiling lady told me that Snooky was hiding and it was difficult to get her out. Oh it was Snooky and not Spooky. Andrew as usual must have got the name wrong!

I asked, “May I help?” Quite strange, this person was hiding? She didn’t want to do an Angel Card reading?

The lady said, “Snooky is hiding underneath the sofa.” That really confused me.
As I looked underneath, I realized that Snooky was a cat - a beautiful cat with an exquisite shining coat. She was so fragrant I just wanted to hold her close and put my face against her luxuriant coat.

As I looked at Snooky, I realized that she was frightened. She was obviously not happy. I felt that she was disturbed and far from comfortable. She kept hiding her pretty face in Francis's armpit. She needed security, I guessed.

The first thing I did was to calm and reassure her. I sent Snooky Reiki healing energy. After about 20 minutes, she was no longer shivering and was calmer.

I reached out to hold her and she allowed me to gently touch her.

When Snooky had settled down further, I called upon Duke to help me help Snooky. Duke, a Golden Retriever was my beloved pet who had died and gone on to other side. It is through Duke that I am able to communicate with pets. For this I must thank Dr. Laurie.

I had managed to contact Dr. Laurie through the Internet and she communicated with Duke on my behalf and it is through Dr. Laurie’s guidance that I am able to communicate with Duke right now.

I started to talk to Snooky. And in my mind, I could hear her talking back to me. Snooky said that she had sustained a hip injury because of a cruel kick from a human when she was just a baby cat. Thus she had a broken hip with a protruding bone and this hurt her often. It had taken a long time to heal.

There were some naughty children who caused her more pain by mishandling her in her parent’s home. She hopes her parents will take note of this and not allow the kids to hurt her.

Then I asked Snooky why she chose Francis and Adeline as her parents? And this was what Snooky mentally told me. “It goes back to a past life. We were all one happy family. I was a human then. We had a beautiful cat. Somehow the cat was hurt and in great pain and none of us could do anything to stop the pain that the cat was going through.”

So she decided then that she would one day be born as a cat and go through all that pain and distress to find out for herself how a cat experienced suffering. I listened attentively, aware that I was in the presence of a soul that was evolving further.

Snooky also was experiencing constipation and said that she should be given small portions of milk, some fruits and vegetables. Cottage cheese would also help.

She also said that she was very happy with her parents. She wanted her Papa – Francis, to do a documentary about her. I conveyed this information to Francis and Adeline and they were quite happy to receive this news.

I would like to express a million thanks to Dr. Laurie for helping me understand that I could communicate with our pets that have moved on to the other side. They too had eternal consciousness and if we were open and willing, would be able to help us heal pets who were sick in our present moment.
--------------------------------------------------------

Padma Menon can be contacted at myspiritualvillage@gmail.com or khoracle@gmail.com. Padma Menon will soon be offering her Distance Energy Healing for Pets & Animals over the internet. As soon as this happens, I will be the first to post about it.

1 comment:

andrew khor said...

oh dear i have to post some major corrections on this story. It's not snoopy. The cat's name is snooky.
And it's not Suresh, it's Francis.
I think I was in fairyland when I wrote the article. Get grounded andrew! ;-)